This will be our last Mother's Day as a family of three! It seems so surreal to me that in only a few short months, we will be learning to juggle life with a newborn AND a 2.5 year-old toddler. Crazy!
Obviously, flowers are always a nice treat to gift a mama as well as a morning of sleeping in and sweet potato pancakes in bed but I have put together a gift guide for those who want to wrap up something with a bow on top.
1. Beautycounter Lip Shear: It is not quite a lipstick but not a gloss. The lip shears give you the good amount of coverage while being very moisturizing. Sometimes I even use them in place of my lip balm. Plus, they smell amazing and are beautifully packaged! I think I have about five colors. This would be the perfect pick-me-up for the new mama who doesn't have time to shower but wants to look a little less tired.
2. India Hicks Carmen Clutch: My go-to tan clutch of nine years died a tragic death last summer (mojito stains) and I kept stalling to replace it. I finally splurged on this Carmen Clutch and have already used it for two weddings. The leather is like butter and the tassel gives it a funky edge. Plus, the inside is an unexpected surprise. This would be great for the mama who is starting to venture out into the world again sans kids.
3. Stella & Dot Gita Tassel Earrings: I made my first Stella & Dot purchased a little over a month ago to get a few pieces for two weddings I attended in April. I was very impressed with the quality of the items I received and loved the help I had from my "stylist." I keep thinking about these white tassel earrings. Aren't they perfect for spring and summer? I think this would be great for any mama that loves fun jewelry or wants to get out of her comfort zone (like me!)
4. Eberjey 'Gisele' Shorty Pajamas: I have been lusting after Eberjey for quite some time now but haven't quite brought myself to splurge. I loved having anything that buttoned down at night for feedings after Olivia was born and I will need to replenish my stash with short-sleeve pieces. This set would be perfect for a nursing mama or anyone you want to give something luxurious to.
5. Birkenstock 'Mayari' Sandal: Two years ago, a few months after Olivia was born, I bought myself a pair of of the black Gizeh sandals. I basically never took them off - they were so comfortable. Last spring, I purchased a pair of rose gold Sydney sandals and thought that would round out my Birkenstock collection. Well, after spending last summer and some of this spring chasing a toddler in both pairs, I am crushing on these Mayari sandals. This would be a great purchase for the mama with small children who doesn't mind a "crunchier" looking sandal.
6. Simple Sugars Smoothness To Go: Between the weird winter weather and being pregnant, the last few months have wreaked havoc on my skin. My skin is already on the drier side but from December through the beginning of April, my skin even became flaky. I started exfoliating regularly, which helped a lot. Some of my favorite exfoliants were from this set my Mother-In-Law gifted me. Each exfoliant smells so tasty! I am almost out of all of them and considering another set. This would be a great gift for any mom!
What are some of your go-to Mother's Day gifts?