I don't really wear a lot of makeup anymore. During the week, for work, I wear a tinted moisturizer and concealer under my eyes. Sometimes, if I feel like it, I will wear mascara. On the weekends, unless I have plans, I try to give my skin a break and just wear moisturizer. You can see my skincare picks here.
Yet, although I don't wear a lot of makeup, I still think about what I am using since 60 percent of what you apply to your skin gets absorbed. That means that if you choose makeup that has parabens and nasty chemicals your face is eating that!
Here are my makeup picks:
1. I mostly use the Eminence Vanilla Latte Tinted Moisturizer during the winter. I love how it evens out my skintone while still moisturizing my skin. Plus, it is great to have the built-in SPF since I would never remember to put that on separately during the winter. I only wish that they have more tints to choose from.
2. I LOVE the Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer. I finally found a concealer that covers the dark circles under my eyes without creasing or caking. And it stays put throughout the day.
3. It is so hard to find a natural mascara that doesn't flake all over your face by the end of the day. Trust me, I have tried about a dozen of them over the past few years. The Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara is my go-to and doesn't smudge.
4. I use the Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer during the summer. I love how it is light enough for the Maryland humidity and I can find a color that works with my skintone for that time of year.
5. I am obsessed with the Beautycounter Lip Shears. The packaging is spot on and the colors are great. I have one in Twig, Coral, and Scarlet. They aren't as opaque as a normal lipstick making them a bit more versatile. They are also super moisturizing and smell AMAZING! If you have never said "smell my lipstick," you will after you try these.
If you want to learn more about one of my favorite beauty brands, Beautycounter, I am hosting a Facebook party this Thursday, February 4th at 8 pm EST with Emily Waters. Emily is a registered dietitian by day, Beautycounter consultant by night. She will be there to share some information about the brand, introduce you to some of their products, and answer any questions that you have. Plus, it is a party you can go to in your PJs!
I love Beautycounters mission! They are so transparent about their products, they even put the EWG rating on their website for each product. I love that my natural-loving soul can still get some beautiful high-end products that I enjoy! If you are interested, just contact me and I can add you to the group.